Fwd: Re: LAST CALL: IKE

Folks,

I have no idea what happened to my original message that transformed
it into the long, continuos string of text that was distributed to
the list. Needless to say, it didn't look like that when I sent it!
Anyway, here it is again, with more reasonable formatting, and a
couple of edits.

In anticipation of several proposed changes to RFC 2401, I would like
to suggest a few additional payloads to be added to IKE v2. Paul
Hoffman sent me a nice, private note suggesting that I needed to do a
much better job of describing, and motivating the changes I
suggested. He's absolutely right. And, while I was away on a business
trip (after my vacation caused me to miss most of the last call
comment period), David Black provided excellent clarification for one
of my suggestions and Mark Duffy and radia raised some questions
about the need/use of QoS selector. So, let me try again.  I'll split
the message into separate parts, one per topic, to make it easier to
deal with each thread.

Steve
---