Re: interoperability issue with 'lifekbytes'

Hi Arun,

If 'lifekbytes' is expected and if this attribute does not come from the
peer,I feel, the SA coming from peer should be rejected.
If 'lifekbytes' attribute comes in, but it is not expected, then it
seems OK to accept 'lifekbytes' as it is more secure. But, at any time,
we don't know which node initiates the quick mode negotiation. If one
side negotiates, it succeeds and if other negotiates it does not
succeed. So, it is better to have same configuration on both ends and
deny the negotiation if it does not match the local configuration.
Thereby, there is no confusion.  Note that this configuration is
supposed to be agreed upon by both administrators of the SGs and along
with other parameters, this also can be agreed upon and configure same
thing on both ends. I feel, there is no problem in expecting the
configuration to be same on both ends.
Regards
Ravi

--

The views presented in this mail are completely mine. The company is not
responsible for whatsoever.

ROC home page <http://www.roc.co.in>