Fwd: Certicom IP Rights

Dear IPsec Working Group:

I just got this note, but I believe that it is related to US patent number
6,563,928.

Certicom did give us warning that this was coming.  On  Monday, 20 July
1998, Paul Lambert (who was VPl, Product Management at the time) wrote to
the IPsec mail list on a thread dealing with "Patent & licence for
IPSec."  Unfortunately, the thread was mostly about ECC, so this notice did
not generate any discussion.  Paul said:

    "Some of the pending patents for secure implementations of public key
    technologies may also cover implementations of the current mandatory
    portions of IKE in IPsec."

I have asked Mr. McKinnon to post an updated IPR statement as soon as possible.

Russ