Re: revised IPsec processing model: Q: VID and forwarding function

>>>I would not consider it 'vetted', but rather proposed at best.
>>>Even at that time Lars Eggert and I expressed significant concerns
>>>about this proposal.
>>>
>>>A brief summary of some of those concerns, to the extent that we
>>>could address them absent a detailed proposal, was discussed in
>>>section 4.1.3 as "Alternative 3" of the final update of our ID on
>>>the issue of support for dynamic routing in IPsec
>>>(draft-touch-ipsec-vpn-05.txt).
>>
>>My view is that the majority of the participants in the discussions
>>found it an acceptable model, but you and Lars did not.  rough
>>consensus?
>
>I recall only 1-2 other participants in those meetings; it was a
>quick chat over the break, as I recall as well. I wouldn't consider
>that brief discussion sufficient for anyone to establish consensus,
>certainly not based on the absence of detail at that time.
>
>Joe

I was referring to the e-mail messages that were exchanged over a
several month period, during which I proposed the model, not to any
in-person discussions. Again, I apologize for the ambiguity of the
reference to "discussions."

Steve