Re: IKEv2 SA rekeying - naming an initial SA

Nico,

sorry for the confusion on my part. I though you were trying to find
a way to ID SAs for rekeying in IKE.  That was the context in which I
made my original suggestion. With the sorts of authentication we have
historically defined for use with IKE, MITM attacks are not an issue,

IPsec has no anonymous mode, because access control is an essential
feature of IPsec, unlike SSL.  So, no arguments based on the latter
paragraph of your message are likely to be appropriate in this
context.

Steve