Re: IKEv2 SA rekeying - naming an initial SA

I believe this functionality was added as a side effect of addressing
Issue #64 (though it's a little different and might not address all
imaginable cases). When an SA is rekeyed, the SPI of the old SA is
now specified, so there is no ambiguity. The binding between the old
SA and the new is not cryptographic, but in every case I could think of
the assertion of the SPI by the trusted IKE association defeats the
same attacks.

      --Charlie

p.s. There remains the problem - inherent to the layering in IPsec - that
there is no specified API by which an app receiving packets can ask IPsec
whether this packet is coming from the same authenticated entity as
another packet with the same source address received in the past.