Re: Moving forward on RFC 2401-bis

Folks,

Just an update... We've reviewed the 9 items on the IPsec tracking
list for 2401:

1. We believe the following 5 items have been resolved.  At the
beginning of next week, we will send out individual writeups for the
following items:
	47	All selectors can be a list of ranges, per IKEv2 spec
	48 	Add ToS traffic selector option
	49	Red-side fragmentation option
	50	Tunnel vs transport mode
	57	ECN support

2. Four of the items are inter-related and should be addressed
together as part of the new IPsec processing model, which is still
being discussed.  Later next week, we will send out a revised version
of the write up on the processing model with updates reflecting
feedback/conclusions to date.  This will cover the following items:
	40 	Interface SPD selector vs per-interface SPD
	44 	Forwarding table lookup to select virtual interface ID
	45 	Use of cache with de-correlated SPD
	46	No need for iterated processing

3. In addition to the items in the tracking system, there are a
number of other issues that have come up during the past months.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be sending out descriptions of
these issues for group review/discussion.

Have a good weekend!
Karen