Re: IPsec issue #46 -- No need for nested SAs or SA bundles

At 13:44 -0400 9/2/03, Angelos D. Keromytis wrote:
>OK, thanks for the clarification. Since most of the implementations supporting
>2401bis in the near future will be based on existing 2401-compliant
>implementations, I think 2401bis should avoid language that prohibits support
>for bundling. One approach may be to pretend it's not there, and have an
>1-paragraph appendix saying "if you did SA bundling, you don't *have* to
>remove it".
>
>Cheers,
>-Angelos

I would not tell someone that they had to remove the feature if it
were present. Folks are always capable of adding things that have
only local significance or that provide additional features ONLY if
the peer happens to have added the same extra function.

Steve