Re:2401bis Issue #68 -- VPNs with overlapping IP address ranges

At 9:06 +0530 9/18/03, Ravi Kumar wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>         Since, there is one common method being followed (which does
>not require
>         any interoperability), I am trying to see whether we should
>make this requirement as
>         'Should' rather than 'MUST'.
>    Thanks
>    Ravi

Ravi,

How would you characterize the "common method" to which you refer? I
recall no provisions in 2401 that would allow on to characterize
locally processed IKE traffic for processing. When we wrote 2401 we
assumed that folks understood that this traffic need not be subject
to the SPD/SAD controls, but we didn't make that clear. Still, a less
than "MUST" statement may be appropriate.

Steve