RE: 2401bis Issue #67 -- IPsec management traffic

> NO. what we said was that IKE SAs are treated specially by the
> host/SG that terminates or originates IKE traffic, and thus need not
> be subject to SPD/SAD controls.
>
> The IKE traffic from H1 is treated like any other subscriber traffic
> from H1, and thus requires an appropriate SPD entry to be allowed to
> pass. However, at H1, the IKE traffic it emits and receives need not
> be authorized by an entry in its SPD.

I am still confused. Let me ask some questions first:
* What is IPSec management traffic? Does it include IKE traffic
(UDP/500)?
* What traffic is not subject to SPD/SAD control?
* When a traffic is not subject to SPD/SAD control, it sounds it is
cleartext to me. Without consulting SPD/SAD, how can the traffic get
sent with SA protection(which SA to use)?