Re: Issue 68 ("VPNs with overlapping IP address ranges")

Here in response to the solicitation is a proposed text re multiple context
support in 2401bis:

      IPsec devices supporting services such as: security gateway for
multiple subscribers, IPsec-protected tunnel links for overlay networks,
etc. MAY implement multiple separate IPsec contexts.  These contexts MAY
have and use completely independent identities, policies, key management
SAs, and/or IPsec SAs.  This is for the most part a local implementation
matter.  However, a means for associating inbound proposals with local
contexts is required.  To this end, if supported by the key management
protocol in use, context identifiers MAY be conveyed from initiator to
responder in the signalling messages, with the result that IPsec SAs are
created with a binding to a particular context.

--Mark