Re: 2401bis Issue # 90 -- Remove the selector "data sensitivity level"

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:31:38PM -0400, Karen Seo wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Here's a description and proposed approach for:
>
> IPsec Issue #:	90
>
> Title:		Remove the selector "data sensitivity level"
>

> Description
> ===========
> In the interest of simplifying things, we propose to remove the
> selector "data sensitivity level".  Is anyone using this selector?

Not yet, but soon.

I would highly recommend keeping this text in 2401bis.  Some of us fought
very hard to keep it in 2401, and don't wish to see it go away just yet.

If you wish it to be more simple for a non-MLS someone reading the spec, you
should place the additional selector text in section 8 somewhere.  Keep in
mind, this selector allows two MLS systems to use separate SPD entries to
protect different sensitivity-level data with appropriate protection.

Dan