[no subject]

(firewall-user@sentry.gw.tislabs.com [192.94.214.100])
	by lists.tislabs.com (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id IAA03175
	Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:26:48 -0500 (EST)
nutshell.tislabs.com via csmap (V6.0)
	id srcAAAkOaq6p; Thu, 13 Nov 03 08:34:28 -0500
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:36:35 -0800 (PST)
From: arthur ram <arthur_ram2003@yahoo.com>
Subject: PF_KEY newbie question..
To: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Sender: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com

--0-679099026-1068730595=:10318

Hi,

My familiarity to the use PF_KEY is very limited.
I am encountering the following problem.

In the code that I am looking at
a PF_KEY socket has been opened.
A SADB_REGISTER message through the socket.

And immediately it tries to receive from that socket.

And the message it receives has only header. 16 byte length.
I understood this by debugging the code.

Could somebody tell me what it means?

Subsequent code is supposed to use the following message parts to
initialize some data structures to mark the supported algorithms. And
since there is no 'following message' it fails.

I am using a solaris 8 (sparc) machine.

Regards
Vijay

--0-679099026-1068730595=:10318

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My familiarity to the use PF_KEY is very limited.</DIV>
<DIV>I am encountering the following problem. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In the code that I am looking at</DIV>
<DIV>a&nbsp;PF_KEY socket has been opened.</DIV>
<DIV>A SADB_REGISTER message&nbsp;through the socket.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And immediately it tries to receive from that socket.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And the message it receives has only header. 16 byte length. </DIV>
<DIV>I understood this by debugging the code.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Could somebody tell me what it means? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Subsequent code is supposed to use the following message parts
to initialize some data structures to mark the supported algorithms.
And since there is no 'following message' it fails.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am using a solaris 8 (sparc) machine.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards</DIV>
<DIV>Vijay</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard</a>
--0-679099026-1068730595=:10318--