Re: IANA document

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:43:53PM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
>     Theodore> I've been looking at RFC 2434, and it looks like there are some
>     Theodore> requirements for what needs to be in the IANA consideration
>     Theodore> section that doesn't quite meet with what's in
>     Theodore> draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-iana-01.txt.  In particular, what RFC
>
>   okay, but again, I wasn't asked to write IANA Considerations, but rather,
> to extract the text into some nice, consise tables. If I misunderstood, then
> fine. please tell me what you want.

Sorry, I guess there had been some miscommunucations; I thought that
what we had asked you to do (and certainly what needed doing) was the
IANA considerations section.  Certainly at the moment, the ikev2
document's IANA considerations section points at your document.

That being said, your document is actually very close to what is
needed for the IANA considerations section.  So I thought we were all
on the same page; my apologies for making that assumption.

As far as a path forward, if you're willing to edit the IANA
considerations section for IKEv2, via making changes in your I-D, and
once it is done, we can either combine it into the ikev2 document, or
we can either publish it as a separate document, whichever pleases the
working group.  Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

						- Ted