Re: Issue #83: Generation of ICMP responses for inbound packet requiring IPSEC protection

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 05:56:30PM -0500, Stephen Kent wrote:
> Ted,
>
> Issue #83 said:
>

> Title:		DROP'd inbound packet -- missing required IPsec protection

Um... that's interesting.  That's not what Karen had posted on
September 30th, nor what is currently in the roundup database here:

	https://roundup.machshav.com/ipsec/issue83

Was this proposed disposition of the issue (which you quoted below)
ever discussed on the mailing list?

My search of the mailing list didn't discover much discussion
surrounding this issue, save Barbara's call for a working group last
call for the text as was stated in the Roundup issue tracker.

If it turns out that the proposed approach originally proposed in
Karen's e-mail of September 30th, and currently documented in the
roundup database is not right, we can certainly have that discussion
on the mailing list.

Would anyone on the mailing list like to comment?

						- Ted