Re: IANA assignment policies

Michael Richardson writes:
>     Tero> For the "IKEv2 Extended Sequence Numbers Transform IDs" registry
>     Tero> the base ikev2 draft says that 2-65536 is reserved, but initial
>     Tero> iana registry document says reserved to IANA (and no private use
>     Tero> range).
>   "Reserved" means what vs "Reserved to IANA" ?

I think if it says Reserved to IANA, then IANA can allocate entries
from that area, but if it simply says Reserved (as it says for most
tables for value 0), it means that numbers are reserved and cannot be
allocated.

I was mostly pointing out that in other places it says Reserved for
IANA and here it didn't (i.e. the documents are inconsistent), so the
base document should be fixed to have Reserved for IANA too.
--
kivinen@safenet-inc.com