RE: SAs that carry fragments Was: Re: Some IKEv2 issues

Steve

How often do we see multiple IPSEC Sas between the same two peers
protecting different ports (or in general different selector sets)?

There are better and straightforward ways of getting around the
issue of fragmented packets in the implementation
without requiring a separate SA for fragments.

As a side-note, configuring even the most basic traffic selectors in
some host OS that are widely-deployed is a big chore (really
hit-and-miss).
The most deployed IPSEC scenarios supporting road warriors don't even
use a traffic
selector at the head-end.

Regards,

Bora