Re: SAs that carry fragments Was: Re: Some IKEv2 issues

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:38:58PM -0500, Charles Lynn wrote:
> > Delay policy evaluation until fragmented packets are reassembled?  This
> > might be fine for transport mode SAs [but not for tunnel mode SAs?].
>
> It requires memory in, e.g., a security gateway, code to do
> fragmentation and reassembly, and makes it harder to keep up with line
> rate.

Which is why I thought this would be fine for transport-mode scenarios
but maybe not for tunnel-mode.  Of course, in the case of SGs there's
likely to be very few live SAs per client, so this may be a non-issue.

I'm not up on the whole thread, so I'll go back to lurking now.  I just
wanted to make sure that multi-user peers w/ transport mode SAs remained
workable.

Nico