Re: Traffic selectors in IKEv2

Charlie,

> My reading of the spec is that this is allowed, and I can imagine it
> being useful. If I as a road warrior tunnel into my corporate network
> and want all of my internet traffic to be routed through the corporate
> network in order to protected by its firewall, I would want to tunnel
> all addresses.

In this case, the road warrior would use TSr with the selector that encompasses
all addresses ("all-traffic") and TSi as its own address allocated earlier in the
CFG request.

I wanted to know about the TSi. Can TSi contain the "all-traffic" selector ?
This is useful for other VPN cases e.g. PPVPNs. In this case, you need
other mechanisms to direct traffic to the right tunnel. In the road warrior case
SG would use the road warrior's address to direct packets to the tunnel.
So, can TSi and TSr contain "all-traffic" selector ? I assume that the
spec itself does not preclude this. But the peer may refuse to accept (or trim) such
a selector. Is that right ?

-thanks
mohan