[no subject]

Hello,

we CFRGers need to wrap up the discussion of Hugo's proposed change to
the IKEv2 Internet Draft (see
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/cfrg/current/
msg00366.html).  This ID is close to being wrapped up, so it is
important that we get our comments in now.

I think that the questions that CFRG ought to be answering are:

  * Is the problem significant?

  * Is proposed solution good?

  * Is revising the specification warranted?

 From Barb Fraser, I understand that the cost of delaying the IKEv2
draft is not big - as long the change is small and can be made by the
time that the periodic blackout on Internet Drafts is lifted on or
around March 11th.   From what I've gathered, it should be possible to
make this change within this timeframe (Barb, Ted, Hugo, if I'm wrong
about this, please correct me.)

Here is my personal $0.02: the change is well motivated, the solution
is good (it requires storing two extra keys, which seems not to be a
big deal), and if the spec can be rev'ed in the next couple of weeks, I
vote to do it.  I spoke with several people about this issue who had
similar sentiments.  Other opinions welcome.

David