Re: Final editing changes to IKEv2

Hannes,

(I do worry about number of roundtrips.)

When I said that changing the protocol document would be
a bad idea, I was referring to draft-ietf-rfc2284bis-09.txt
which has already been approved by IESG; changes to draft-
ietf-eap-statemachine-02.pdf or draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-12.txt
would, however, still be possible, as long as they don't
break something else. And I do think making EAP behave the
same way in different contexts is valuable.

About the solution: I'm ready to go either way on this issue,
and of course if its possible we should use the smaller number
of roundtrips. But at this point I'd wait for Pasi, who is one of
the authors of the state machine document, to comment on whether
he thinks the change would have impacts elsewhere, e.g., 802.11
interface. Pasi?

I will also post a note of this discussion to the EAP WG mailing
list in case other folks wish to comment.

--Jari