Re: Remaining open issues for RFC-2401bis

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:43:28PM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:

>  Michael> name" be represented as ID_RFC822_ADDR?
>
> Because not all accounts have English names?

Subverting ID_KEY_ID to carry UTF-8 does not fix any I18N shortcommings
of subjectAltName.

I18N has to be dealt with, but stuffing possibly unstructured UTF08 text
into an OCTET STRING in context specific ways isn't going to be very
useful.

I suggest that I18N be addressed separately and that ID_KEY_ID remain as
it is: opaque.  Does this mean that ID_KEY_ID is useless, that noone
knows what to really use it for?  Is it used much?  Can its semantics be
changed?

Nico