Re: Remaining open issues for RFC-2401bis

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 11:05:20AM -0800, Charlie Kaufman wrote:
> We could add yet another ID Type option for UTF-8 string, but does
> anyone actually have a use for it?

When the rfc822 subjectAltName is internationalized then the
corresponding ID should be also by extension (one hopes).  If the matter
is addressed by adding additional cert extensions or by adding to the
general name CHOICE (why is it not marked extensible?) then we may need
a new ID type to go with it.

Nico