RE: Final editing changes to IKEv2

I was referring to a different part of Charlie Lynn's message. I was talking
about bidirectional SA's that protect some MIPv6 messages and not others, not
unidirectional SA's.

Suppose that you want to have a SA that only protects the Home Test message
(MH type = 3). Charlie Lynn's suggestion was that it would be
negotiated with the following traffic selector:

protocol = 135
start port = 0x300
end port = 0x300

(He said: "and text saying that the  Mobility Header Type should be in the most
significant 8 bits and the least significant 8 bits should be 0 for the "start"
field of the range and 255 for the "end" field)".

Another obvious possibility would have been:

protocol = 135
start port = 3
end port = 3

If we don't specify which of these it is, there could be some nasty interop problems.

However, I'm not going to be too upset if this doesn't make it into the IKEv2 RFC.
I suspect we're going to need a separate RFC to explain how MIPv6 uses IKEv2 ---
just as we have draft-ietf-mobileip-mipv6-ha-ipsec-06.txt to explain how MIPv6 uses
IKEv1 ---  so it can always go in there.

There's a general problem here: whenever someone assigns a new value of the protocol
field in the IP header, there needs to be a document explaining what the IKEv2 "start
port" and "end port" mean for the new protocol. It's clearly undesirable to revise the
IKE specification every time this happens, so a separate document explaining the encoding
is OK.

Mike