RE: 2nd try

At 7:28 AM -0800 4/1/04, Bora Akyol wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>This looks good, one question about the fragment SA(s):
>
>If we have several "parallel" SAs to support different levels
>of QoS (for the main SAs), do we need to have the same amount
>of fragment SAs as the main ones?
>
>Thanks
>
>Bora

Good question. In general, for approach #2, one needs only a single
SA between two implementations to carry all non-initial fragments
between them. But, if you chose to have multiple SAs between two
implementations, for QoS differentiation, then you might want
multiple SAs to carry non-initial fragments, one for each supported
QoS class. Since support for QoS via distinct SAs is a local matter,
not mandated by 2401/2401bis, this too should be a local choice.

Steve