RE: clarification on IKEv2 with EAP

Good, thanks.
Then how is the key pad obtained, if there is no user interaction (no password or string entered) ? Can it be a predefined string in the initiator and in the responder ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com [mailto:Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com]
Sent: jueves, 01 de abril de 2004 13:09
To: David Mariblanca (ML/EEM); ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: RE: clarification on IKEv2 with EAP

Hi,

The "Key Pad for IKEv2" part is always included, even
if the shared secret is not actually a password entered
by the user.

AUTH payloads are also always included (the EAP message
authentication protects only EAP messages; the AUTH
part is needed to authenticate the IKEv2 exchange).

Best regards,
Pasi