Re: Issue 83 will be withdrawn

William,

The discussion (what little there was of it) basically revolved around
doing the following:

	* Making generation of the ICMP messages a "MUST"
	* Making generation of the ICMP messages a "SHOULD"
	* Making generation of the ICMP messages a "MAY"
	* Not talking ICMP messages at all (which is what we did in IKEv1)

The concern with "MUST" was that this would be problematic for
high-speed IPSEC devices.

The concern with "SHOULD" was that from the point of RFP's, SHOULD
often turn into "MUST"'s, and this would be painful for some vendor.

The argument against "MAY" was that given that the ICMP codes were
already defined, there was no value in reprinting them here.

When this issue was raised, there was relatively little discussion,
which is why we settled on simply dropping issue #83.  So I wouldn't
necessarily characterize this as a consensus decision, as much as a
decision based on Apathy....

Does this satisfy your concerns, or would you like make an argument
for one of the other above options?

						- Ted