Re: Question about Version Numbers

>>>>> "Radia" == Radia Perlman <Radia.Perlman@sun.com> writes:

 Radia> Fair enough Bill (see his concern below).  How about instead
 Radia> of Alice completely ignoring the "I only speak n", having
 Radia> Alice continue with n+1 but also do n. That way the worst the
 Radia> attacker can do is force you to do two connections, and then
 Radia> once n+1 comes up, you can drop the version n SA.

But that doesn't fix the downgrade attack.  If I can keep SA n+1 from
coming up, I've downgraded you.

How about leaving things alone?  It still looks like a denial of
service attack to me, so why fiddle with things?

	paul