Re: [Ipsec] ipsec on WLAN

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:03:36AM +0200, Giacomo Pisano wrote:
>    Hi, I'm a novice but i'm trying to make IPSec work on WLAN in order to use
>    level3 security instead of level2. Has anyone of you tried to do the
>    same?? I don't have any idea of what to do!

Hi,

	It all depends on what you want to achieve. If you really want to
	use level3 instead of level 2, then you will set a tunnel between
	your laptop and a security gateway behind the access point (in the
	access network).

	Depending on the scenario, it may be more interesting to set the
	tunnel with destination's security gateway or to use transport mode
	directly with destination.

	Anyway, may be you should begin with a look at
	http://www.wavesec.org/

--
Jean-Jacques Puig
[homepage] http://www-lor.int-evry.fr/~puig/