Re: [Ipsec] ipsec on WLAN

The sketch for my System is thi one:

Wired LAN 802.3<-->Gateway           Server<-->Cisco 1200AP<-->WirelessLAN
(Win2000 or XP)         (WinXp Pro or Linux)
(Win2k or XP)

I Understand that the Gateway Server could route the traffic from the WIFI
LAN to the WiredLAN and viceversa. The problem is that I want to protect the
traffic between Wireless Clients as well. If I used a tunnel between a WiFi
client and the gateway I could probably reach the Wired LAN but what if I
wanted to protect the traffic to another client? I'm Afraid that TCP would
use the WiFi connection to communicate to the other mobile clients, ignoring
the VPN tunnel to the gateway.
My idea was to use a a FreeSWAN Server with two LAN interfaces installed:
One facind the WiredLAN (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) and the other connected
directly to the AP and the WLAN(e.g. 192.168.2.xxx).
A WIFI client (e.g. 192.168.2.2) connecting to a WIRED client (e.g.
192.168.1.25) would use the gateway through the VPN tunnel I estabilished.
But I don't think it would do the same connecting to another WIFI client
(the TX client would check the subnet mask and use the common ARP protocol
on the WiFi branch of the LAN), thus leaving the traffic unprotected.

The reason why I'm doing all this is for an University research trying to
demonstrate that the normal level2 protection with WEP or WPA is much better
in terms of total throughput and that's because everything is implemented in
HW instead of running in SW. Moreover IPSec has a very though overhead on IP
packets.

Do you have any good idea about all this??

TNX