RE: [Ipsec] Specification of BGP IPsec policy

There are many ISPs with hundreds and perhaps thousands of BGP peering
partners. So I respectfully disagree that a recommendation is not needed.
I'm guessing this is the motivation behind Dave Wood's draft I mentioned
earlier. It is important to have recommended defaults that people can apply
operationally, and that vendors can support in their products (e.g. ISCSI
definition for using IPsec to secure their TCP connections).