RE: [Ipsec] Specification of BGP IPsec policy

I don't argue that the deployability of an authentication scheme is
difficult. However, the recommended BGP over TCP-MD5 auth uses a "password"
between peers - no worse of an authentication deployment issue than IKE with
pre-shared key.

This post was originally just to find the config guidance from those who
were using IPsec to secure BGP, as it was one of several recommended
practices, me figuring someone on the IPsec list was involved in this latest
BGP security alert/response.

In any case, the lack of any specific guidance and finding Dave Ward's draft
is what I was looking for. Apparently Dave is reviewing the BGP community's
interest in using IPsec vs. other mechanisms and no further help is needed
right now. Though I'm sure he'll appreciate comments on his draft.

Thanks,
Wm