Re: [Ipsec] VID for nat traversal

At 2:19 PM -0400 4/28/04, Michael Richardson wrote:
>   It is my understanding that someone who implemented -03 can interop
>with someone who has done -08.
>
>   Tero, is this wrong?   That -04 thru -08 are all just editorial changes.
>
>   If so, it seems that using -03 is the correct answer.

Er, why is that the "correct answer"? It doesn't matter as long as we
all agree on one answer. There is no rule that says "it has to be the
earliest Internet Draft name after which there were no technical
changes". Any stable number that has never been used in any other
context will do. We are sure that the number I gave (that corresponds
to -08.txt) has not been used.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium