Re: [Ipsec] FW: Remaining issues for IKEv2

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:02:13PM -0700, Charlie Kaufman wrote:
> Resend... this apparently got lost

Charlie, if you can send me (privately) a copy of your original e-mail
that someone got lost, I'll try to track down what happened to it.
The SPAM filters only kick in if it was posted from some address other
than the one which you receive the IPSEC mailing list from; at that
point, they go into a mailman holding pen for review.  For those who
are interested in the process, we get somewhere around 500 to 600
(!!!) messages from non-mailing recipients a day.  99.99% of them are
spam (I think I've detected 3 false positives since we transitioned
over to ipsec@ietf.org).  Of those several hundred (very) potential
spam messages, first I filter off anything which has a spam score of 7
or higher according to the ietf.org mailer.  This removes
approximately 30% of the messages.  Next, I run the messages through a
spamassassin with a Bayesian filter, which has been specifically to
recognized IPSEC wg mail as good stuff.  This reduces what's left to
approximately a dozen messages which I inspect by hand, and in most
cases it's spam which then gets fed to the Bayesian classifer.  In the
rare case where someone sent a legimate message, I determine what
sender address was used, and then add it to the ipsec@ietf.org as a
no-mail mailing member.  This effectively whitelists the sender
address.

It seems rather unlikely that your message would have been caught as
spam, but we can double check and make sure you didn't get unlucky
somehow.  In particular, if you were posting from home and might have
been using another e-mail address as the sender, we can make sure that
gets whitelisted, which should avoid the problem altogether going forward.

						- Ted