Re: [Ipsec] FW: Remaining issues for IKEv2

Folks,

Just to provide a pointer... Section 7 of the current draft of
2401bis contains the 3 options that Steve posted to the list for
handling outgoing fragments on the protected side.  The text reflects
changes as best I could figure from the list discussion. Since the
community hasn't yet decided whether options 2 and 3 should be MAY or
SHOULD, the draft says "MAY/SHOULD" for each.
	- Option 1 doesn't require any changes to IKEv2 and seems to
	  be accepted by the community.
	- Option 2 requires support for OPAQUE, so IKEv2 would need
	  to support this value.
	- For the Option 3 (stateful fragment checking), we put in the
	  suggestion from Tero (a new notify message).  This would
	  need IKEv2 support.

Karen