RE: [Ipsec] Proposed Last Call based revisions to IKEv2

William:

I encourage you to work on the proposed document.  However, I do not want
to delay IKEv2 while it it written.  There are other cases in the IETF
where similar documents have been written after the base document.  RFC
3218 is one example.

Russ