Re: [Ipsec] Proposed Last Call based revisions to IKEv2

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 10:50:15PM -0700, Charlie Kaufman wrote:
> Based on the discussion on the list, I believe these are the final edits
> to IKEv2. If anyone disagrees, please speak up before I send out -14.

Charlie,

It's been a week and we received two suggestions.  One was Paul's very
good suggestion keep the changes regarding fragmentation handling in
RFC-2401bis, which has the advantage of avoiding another IETF-wide
last call on your document.  The other was William Dixon's suggestion
for providing better advanced handling support, which as Russ has
pointed out can be done independently without blocking the progress of
the IKEv2 draft.  Barbara and I believe you should accept Paul's
suggestion, and not make any changes to IKEv2 in response to points
raised by William Dixon on this thread.  If he would like to do that
work as a separate draft, in another working group, it appears that
the Area Directors will be receptive to such an approach.

If you could get -14 published at your earlier convenience, we will
then inform Russ that all of the comments raised during the IETF last
call process have been resolved, and he should proceed with the
getting IESG approval for publishing IKEv2 as a standards-track RFC.

Many thanks for all of your very hard work,

					- Ted and Barbara