Re: [Ipsec] spam

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 04:37:04PM -0400, William Dixon wrote:
> I agree. The best option is to get our current hoster to filter spam and
> viruses for this list. I assume TIS does this for other lists, so I'd hope
> there isn't an additional cost. But if there's a cost, I can contribute
> some. I'd also be happy to go through the pain of changing the list name and
> resubscribing, and finding another list hoster if TIS can't provide
> filtering. I've noticed I've received s-word email within 1-2 hours of
> posting. That's ridiculous.

We're actually using ipsec@ietf.org, actually.  The
ipsec@lists.tislabs.com address was just there for backwards
compatibility.  And ietf.org is supposedly using spamassassin as well,
but apparently it's not tuned particularly well.

What we can do is get rid of the forwarding, which might help for a
little while (until the spammers adapt).

						- Ted