Re: [Ipsec] Layer 2 processing inside IPsec

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   >    Does any one know if such a mechanism was proposed ?
   >
   > => look at draft-vilhuber-hco{ip,esp}-xx.txt

   I bet these have long since expired, but I'd be happy to resubmit them
   (as individual submissions). When I first submitted these, there flood
   of responses and comments was astounding. I got one single email about
   it all (saying essentially "Cool.. I like it and have been thinking
   along similar lines"; I think that might even have been you, francis :).

=> I remember to have sent such comment (:-)!

   Is the IETF now interested in this thing? Previously, comments (in
   other working groups and other documents) were basically "Why would we
   want to do this?" (which to me seems obvious, of course).

=> from MOBIKE charter (goal lists):

(5) Reduction of header overhead involved with mobility-related
  tunnels. This is a performance requirement in wireless
  environments.

So now there is a place for your work!

   > Can we continue offline?

=> this was for Francois (I expected he was French :-)

   I'm game if you want to include me on a private exchange. I still have
   the drafts, and we can use them as a start, if you like.

=> IMHO you should resubmit then before the dead-line!

Thanks

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

PS: BTW we have a whole team of compression (mainly ROHC as it is
what 3GPP wants) experts. The only missing people are the people who
are interested to buy the idea: at the moment we are at least three
who'd like to sell it (:-)...