Re: [Ipsec] RFC 3715 / IPsec NAT Compatibility

Hi,

Does IKEv2 have similar limitation?
I.e. IP address shouldn't be used as the identifier when there is NAT.

BTW, why such limitation while IKE has the authentication in place?

Thanks.

Kevin Li

================== Quote from RFC3715/page 4/(c)

   c) Incompatibility between IKE address identifiers and NAT.  Where IP
      addresses are used as identifiers in Internet Key Exchange
      Protocol (IKE) Phase 1 [RFC2409] or Phase 2, modification of the
      IP source or destination addresses by NATs or reverse NATs will
      result in a mismatch between the identifiers and the addresses in
      the IP header.  As described in [RFC2409], IKE implementations are
      required to discard such packets.