Re: [Ipsec] a new draft

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.
In this draft we don't touch the details of the SA creation because
we think it should be addressed in a separate document if necessary.
There are several possible ways to do that,
such as a new IKE or a SA-distribution protocol among senders.
We leave the details of multiple sender SA set up to other proposals.

We cite draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis-02.txt in the
references. But actually we are considering a different
scenario from the multicast. In Mobile IPv6, multiple
Home Agent (HA) are deployed to achieve the fault-tolerance,
robustness, and load balancing. According to the routing infrastructure
the packets from the correspondence node (CN) will arrive at the
"closest" HA when communicating with mobile node (MN). It is possible
to use an inter-HA protocol to share the SA information when IKE set up
and renew the IPSec SA between MN and a primary HA; but there is too
much overhead to keep the sequence number synchronized among HAs or the
lifetime of SA is inefficient. (Below is a figure.) I hope it
helps clarify. Thanks for your time.

regards,
fan
                +------+
                |  CN1 |-------------------------------|
                +------+                               |

                +------+                               |
                |  CN2 |----------|                    |
                +------+   +------|--------------------|-------+
                           |   +------+            +------+    |
                           |   | HA 2 |============| HA 3 |    |
                           |   +------+            +------+    |
                           |      +  =              =  +       |
                           |       +  =            =  +        |
                           |        +  = +------+ =  +         |
      +++  Bidirectional                 +   +  +
      ===  Secure Inter            |     |  MN  |     |
           HA protocol             |     +------+     |