[Ipsec] OCSP in IKEv2

hi william,

thanks for your response.

the term peer-to-peer is a bit overloaded and you understood it as a way to
run ikev2 between two arbitrary end hosts in the internet. there is indeed a
problem independently of oscp (as we know from various working groups; e.g.,
mobile ip).

in the draft we discussed the corporate network access authentication (which
includes the eap case; section 1.1.3 of <draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2>). in this
scenario the initiator (road warrior) requests an ocsp response from the
responder. as a more generic use case where both nodes use ocsp section 5.1
of <draft-myers-ipsec-ikev2-oscp-00.txt> was introduced. it, however, does
not say that the two peers need to be arbitrary end hosts.

it could be useful to spend a few words on the raised issue in our draft.
maybe they are also reflected in sufficient detail in your ikev2 security
considerations draft (since they issue has broader scope).

ciao
hannes