[Ipsec] RE: OCSP in IKEv2

At 4:31 PM -0700 8/9/04, Michael Myers wrote:
>BTW, the ADs have agreed this I-D will be placed onto the Standards
>Track, subject to resolution of comments.

Such a statement seems wildly premature for a -00 document.

To date, there has been nearly zero interest from anyone in the IPsec
vendor community for in-band OCSP. Further, I am unaware of any deman
from the VPN user community for this. Having a standards-track
document will lead some to think that vendors are supposed to support
this. Given that there is no actual need for handling OCSP in IPsec,
the document should not move on to standards track; Experimental
status is fine.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium