Re: [Ipsec] RE: OCSP in IKEv2

At 4:49 PM -0400 8/11/04, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
>Experimental doesn't seem to fit; it seems to me more of a
>*limited-applicability* standards track document..

That might be considered hair-splitting for the NEWTRK Working Group.

>I can see two obvious use cases for tunneling OCSP through IKE:

Um, the proposal has nothing to do with tunneling OCSP through IKE:
it covers how to pass OCSP responses from one peer to another. Thus,
in order for this proposal to be useful, the replying party has to
have a fresh OSCP response about itself to hand to the querying party.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium