From: ipsec-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:ipsec-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf
Of Yonghui Cheng
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 2:35 PM
To: ipsec@ietf.org
Subject: [Ipsec] comment on "empty message" in IKEv2 draft

All,

The IKEv2 draft/RFC should emphasis that when send "empty" messages
in IKEv2, the actual messages should include an empty "encrypted
payload".

"Empty" messages is used for DPD (dead peer detection) and acknowledge
purposes. Without encrypted payload, the message is not authenticated,
which should considered as security problem.

Yonghui