Re: [Ipsec] Public IP address & IP mobility

Hi Rajeev,

Here's a few responses to your questions:

(a) My understanding is that the NAT-T functionality does indeed not
     allow you to discover your public IP address. (But where
     do you need that info? There may be other IETF protocols that
     can do this discovery for you if you really need it. For mobility
     you don't necessarily need it.)

(b) If you have IKEv2 and NAT-T, the client can actually move
     around, as NAT-T learns the new client address and can change
     that dynamically.

(c) MOBIKE WG is looking into a protocol extension to IKEv2 that
     would enable client address changes even when you are not using
     a NAT, enables multiple simultaneous addresses (multihoming),
     security against spoofed new addresses, etc.

(d) Mobile IP can also work together with IPsec, with the introduction
     of a server called the home agent in the network. See RFC 3775
     for details of the IPv6 case.

Hope this helps,

Jari