From: Tero Kivinen [mailto:kivinen@iki.fi]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 3:40 PM
To: Yoav Nir
Cc: ipsec@ietf.org; 'wadood'
Subject: RE: [Ipsec] Number of Proposals in IKE_SA_INIT exchange for IKE_SA
andfirst CHILD_SA ??

Yoav Nir writes:
> Whoops.  For some reason I though it was possible to make an initial
> exchange without creating child SAs.  Was it removed in some recent
version
> of the draft?

Lots of people seem to think that there would be option for that, but
there has not been such option, at least draft version 05 didn't have
such option....

It has not been ever explictly said, but the payloads in the pictures
are not optional, and they pictures are not just examples in the draft.
--
kivinen@safenet-inc.com