[Ipsec] Is AH + ESP required or needed in IKEv2

The current IKEv2 draft still has this feature that we can negotiate
two protocols at the same time, i.e we can negotiate AH with SHA-1 and
ESP with AES using one IKE exchange (between same endpoints, i.e
traffic selectors are proto=any, IPi=A, IPr=B).

For my understanding the RFC2401bis does not require this feature
anymore, but it assumes that such constructs are negotiated so that we
first negotiate the AH with SHA-1 where its traffic selectors are set
to proto=ESP, IPi=A, IPr=B and then we do second IKE exchange and
negotiate ESP SA between the nodes having traffic selectors proto=ANY,
IPi=A, IPr=B.

Is my understanding correct?

So this means that all IKE security association payloads always have
list of proposals which all only have one protocol inside.
--
kivinen@safenet-inc.com