Re: [Ipsec] Two IKEv2 issues from the IESG

At 9:53 AM -0400 9/2/04, Russ Housley wrote:
>MINIMUM PACKET SIZE
>
>I suggest the addition of the following text:
>
>    "All IKEv2 implementations MUST be able to receive and process
>    packets that are up to 1280 bytes long, and they SHOULD be able
>    to receive and process packets that are up to 3000 bytes long."

Yes. It gives implementers a hard number to work with, and a
reasonable suggested number so that lazy implementers don't say "all
we should do is 1280".

>ELLIPTIC CURVES
>
>I suggest the removal of the elliptic curve groups from Appendix B.

Yes. They shouldn't be there if we don't intend to support them well,
and at this point that support is not there.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium