Re: [Ipsec] Two IKEv2 issues from the IESG

 Russ> Michael: I suggest the addition of the following text:

 Russ> "All IKEv2 implementations MUST be able to receive and process
 Russ> packets that are up to 1280 bytes long, and they SHOULD be able
 Russ> to receive and process packets that are up to 3000 bytes long."
 >> (Sorry to be pedantic here, but I think it is important)
 >>
 >> I think that the word "packet" is wrong here.
 >>
 >> I think that you mean "datagram" -- seeing as a 3000 byte datagram
 >> would exceed common MTU, it must have been fragmented into
 >> multiple frames to have been received.
 >>
 >> The above (corrected) statement also implies to me that an IKEv2
 >> and host must be prepared to re-assemble at least 3000 bytes bytes
 >> worth of fragment.

 Russ> I see your point.  If we take this approach, then we need to
 Russ> remove the IP header and UDP header sizes from the
 Russ> mandatory-to-support size.

If we weren't so afraid of internationalbureaucratspeak, we could just
say "APDUs" which would be clear and unambiguous.

    paul